Who was to know that the worst was on its way? Thursday morning, while walking on the field at morning recess, he somehow tripped and went down. He caught himself with his right hand, and something snapped. His teacher brought him crying into the workroom where I was. After getting a sub for myself, I took him to the doctor to confirm that his wrist was broken. It was a "buckle" fracture- not too serious. He'll have a cast for three weeks, which is exactly the rest of baseball season. So no baseball- it looks like we'll have more free evenings (an unexpected plus). He's doing OK now. It still aches a little, and itches, and he can't be as wild as he wants to be.
As one sixth grader said to me- "When he won that bike, I thought, 'what a lucky kid,' but now I'm not so sure." As for the new bike, it's sitting safely in the garage for a few weeks.
Adam's cool new bike!
Sporting the new cast
oh my gosh, so sad! I can't believe he broke his arm the very next morning. What a bummer!
ReplyDeleteOn the bright side, a broken arm is a great excuse for not being able to make the bed, bring in the groceries, etc.!
ReplyDeleteThat is too bad. At least it is not all summer long. He will be back in no time.
ReplyDelete