
Supposedly, when my paternal grandmother was alive and she was asked what she wanted for Mother's Day or her birthday, etc., she would answer "Just a few kind words." As if she never had any kind words? I admit, I'd like some kind words too, but that's not all. When asked what I want for Mother's Day breakfast, I usually say "a clean kitchen." I could care less what I eat as long as I don't have to stare at a dirty kitchen all day, or worse- have to clean it all up myself. My Mother's Day wishes usually include: no fighting or whining as well as a little gratitude, maybe a cute pair of earrings. My husband usually doesn't spend much money because most years I've just bought all the flowers I want for the yard. However, this year spring has been a little late in coming and I haven't bought a thing. I'm just waiting for him to say: "Honey aren't you going to buy your flowers for Mother's Day?" This is so that he doesn't feel bad that he hasn't gotten me a present. I think the idea of buying me a gift scares him to death. He always needs a wish list or has to take me with him. Of course, I want him to pick something out himself because after nearly 20 years of marriage, shouldn't he know what I like? I'll admit this is a sort of test to see if he REALLY knows me. Poor guy! I don't even know myself half the time. Still, I keep hoping for a jackpot gift someday. In the meantime, a simple thank you from various family members would be much appreciated- and if they'd all clean up their rooms too- that would make for a perfect day.
I couldn't get the cartoon to show the whole thing, but you get the idea.
ReplyDelete