This is something I pasted from my Facebook wall. Might as well save it for posterity!
I guess I've been tagged a few times now. I don't really know the logistics of this, but I will be a good sport and play the game. Here are 25 random things about me- in no particular order of importance.
1. I am usually 5 minutes late to everything- except church. I don't know why.
2. Reading is one of my vices. I am addicted to fiction and will always choose reading over other more important things like sleep and housework. When I don't ground myself, I can read 3-5 books a week.
3. I delivered 4 of my 5 children naturally- no drugs, by choice! Crazy? Probably.
4. I know all the LDS Articles of Faith- in order.
5. Speaking of memorization, I know my SS number, Kerry's SS number, 3 bank account numbers, my kids' student numbers, numerous pin numbers and phone numbers, and my library card number- but have never learned my driver's license number. Wierd.
6. I never went to my high school prom. I still feel bad about that.
7. I regularly survive on 5 or 6 hours of sleep.
8. I like the idea of running, but in reality, I hate it.
9. Same with cooking. It sounds fun to cook yummy food, but it really isn't. Now, eating is a different story.
10. I threw up on my wedding day.
11. I am afraid of the dark and avoid watching scary movies. The one scary movie I've gone to in the last 10 years has freaked me out every night for the last year: I am Legend. Big mistake.
12. I hate chewing gum. It makes my mouth hurt.
13. Oddly enough, I like to chew ice. Some people say that this indicates an iron deficiency. They are probably right, since I routinely get turned away from giving blood because of low iron.
14. (I'm running out of ideas) I also chew suckers, life savers and any hard candy. This drives my husband crazy because he is a "sucker." He can make candy last forever. This bugs me.
15. Someday, I want to learn how to: play the guitar, ballroom dance, and sail.
16. I hardly ever drink soda pop. I prefer to eat my calories. Ice water is my beverage of choice.
17. I love new clothes, but hate shopping. I'm especially bad at bargain shopping. I don't have the patience to look through the clearance rack.
18. I am always thinking- can't turn the brain off. I get bored doing routine tasks and usually think about other things while doing them. This explains why I burn so many dinners.
19. I am a good speller. I always thought that this was a big sign of intelligence. I now realize that it's not. Still, it would have been nice if one of my children had inherited it. Just call me a walking dictionary.
20. I am terrible at nearly all sports, especially if they have a little ball or if they involve any kind of hand-eye coordination or speed. What doesn't?
21. I am not a sports fan, but willingly watch my kids play all kinds of sports. It's best if I can bring a book to read when they aren't on the court/field.
22. I hate confrontation and will avoid it at all costs.
23. I tend to be superstitious and have to knock on wood any time I accidentally speak of good fortune that may be fleeting.
24. I hate to admit it, but I seem to be a "glass half empty" person. I don't want to be a pessimist, but my first reactions always seem to be negative. I am working hard to overcome this and can report some successes. But the road is still long and uphill. Oh wait, that's a pretty negative outlook. It's really not so bad. See, I can do this!
25. I love nature: sunsets, new snow, starry skies, a full moon, evergreeen trees, fall leaves, the ocean, a calm lake. I don't get enough of it. Every time I see something beautiful, it satisfies something in me.
Congratulations if you made it through the list.
Stacy
My Top 20 Favorite Films of 2025
6 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment