Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Look Younger Now!

I just saw a little thing on Facebook with Jennifer Anniston's picture. It turns out that she is 40! It asks "why do some people look younger than others?- click here to find out." I don't need to click there to know why- it's because she doesn't have any kids and she has tons of money. 

Sure, I could look better/younger if I wasn't spending all my money on my nearest and dearest. Have you seen the cost of anti-wrinkle creams and plastic surgery?  Also, where do you think those grey hairs came from- the kids. I remember on my 25th birthday I pulled out 7 grey hairs. I was pregnant with my third child. Now that I have teenagers, they are multiplying rapidly. Thank goodness I have lighter-colored hair. They seem to blend pretty well. In fact, they actually give me some highlights.

Anyway, you don't need to look "younger" to be happy. What does Jennifer Anniston have that I don't have? Nothing that makes any real difference in the eternal scheme of things. I have a great husband and 5 wonderful kids. No amount of money or fame can buy those.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to visit your blog . . . and so I did!

    I've seen those ads too. I especially love the one with Jennifer and a cigarette sticking out of her mouth, with smoke billowing around. Nice.

    I hear ya. Little ones will also give you wrinkles. I've got plenty of those. Worry lines, frustration lines, frowny lines.

    But also laughter lines. I could do away with the rest, but I think I'll keep the laugh lines.

    ReplyDelete